The Backpackers’ Den!

Take our help and put your tax headache in the backpack today

Welcome to our Backpacker Support Center

Tax shark will guide you with personalised information to reduce your tax burden



If you are on a work and holiday visa, click here to do your claim.


Work Visa

NZ residents, click here to claim your tax refund.


Early Claim

NZ residents, click here to claim your tax refund.


Super Refund

Leaving overseas, claim your super here, fast and easy.



Employer need tax file number, get your TFN here



Employer need Australian business number, get it here.

Prices starts from $19.90

Tax Shark ( offers a simplistic way of lodging tax returns online. We are a team of professionals including members of Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAA), Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) and Australian Security and Investment Commission (ASIC) with more than 20 years of combined experience in the field of taxation.

Brief Questions

How long does it take to get the refund?

By lodging your tax return online, you are most likely to get your refund within 2 weeks. By posted mail it will take about 6 weeks, but the time can vary depending on how busy the tax office is and depending upon whether your return is an early end of year tax refund or a part year tax refund.

What sort of online courses I can do for work purposes?

If you want to work in a bar, casino or café then you might need to attain an RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) or RSG (Responsible Service of Gambling) certificates or barista course. Most RSA and RSG certification courses cost around $60 but prices vary between states and training schools

Do I need to send a hard copy of my tax return to my tax agent or ATO?

No! It is not required for you to send a hard copy of your tax return to either ATO or your tax agent. Because in Australia, the tax agents like Tax Shark uses practitioner lodgment service (PLS) to electronically lodge your tax return.

Let’s start the Journey!